Homegrown: The 3 Cs For Clinical Education--Crafting, Clay, and Creativity
- Clinical Education. Napthine, Roger // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr96, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p20
Investigates the state of clinical training of nurses in Australia. Clinical teachers; Educational standards; Working conditions; Clinical placements; Rural dimension; Student exploitation; Attitudes of hospital staff; Consistency with competence.
- Yes, you can give an inservice--with ease. Burke, Rochelle; Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Jun96, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p17
Presents a step-by-step approach to presenting an inservice to one's nursing staff. Thorough research and preparation; Formalizing one's program; Enhancing one's program with support material; Promoting the event; Tips for launching the presentation.
- Improving Training Program for Maintaining Competency With VAD Devices. L., Soltis; L., Blue; P. L., Clark; M., Ellis; T., Farley // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe34
An abstract of the study "Improving Training Program for Maintaining Competency With VAD Devices," by L. Soltis, L. Blue, P. L. Clark, M. Ellis and T. Farley is presented.
- Nurse Orientation: The Road to Competence. R., Fleischman; L., Fitzgibbon // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe39
An abstract of the article "Nurse Orientation: The Road to Competence," by R. Fleischman and L. Fitzgibbon is presented.
- Nurse Practitioners (NPs) Implement a Staff Nurse--Driven Protocol for Chest Tube and Pacing Wire Removal. T., Backer; B., Pritchett // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe39
An abstract of the article "Nurse Practitioners (NPs) Implement a Staff Nurse-Driven Protocol for Chest Tube and Pacing Wire Removal," by T. Backer and B. Pritchett is presented.
- Write a practice profile. // Nursing Standard;12/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p60
The article provides information on how to submit a practice profile to the journal.
- RESEARCH FINDS 'FLAWS' IN TRAINING. // Nursing Standard;2/3/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p10
The article discusses research findings suggesting that hospital courses aimed at teaching nurses how to escape the hold of violent mental health patients were ineffective.
- Helpline. Puetz, Belinda E.; Thomas, Donna Ojanen; Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Oct99, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p22
Answers queries related to nursing issues and concerns. Includes utilization of electronic mail for disseminating hospital policies; Tips for increasing attendance at inservices.
- Right of reply. Sharp, Barbara // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p3
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Part of the Team," by Michelle Marriott in the November 2004 issue.