Critical Care Internships and Fellowships: Customizing the Approach to Specialty Orientation
- Making rose rounds. // Patient Care;3/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p194
Presents information on a medical student's reflections on his inpatient attending rounds. Definition of attending round; Challenge of making patients thrive and blossom; Similarities between patients and roses; Roses effect on patients' spirits and illnesses.
- The Most Forgotten Alien Land. Makari, George J. // Massachusetts Review;Fall2001, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p371
Presents the essay `The Most Forgotten Alien Land.'
- La salle de garde: Bastion of the French lunch hour for junior doctors. Prendergast, Bernard D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/20/97&12/27/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7123, p1708
Talks about the lunchtime catering arrangements for junior doctors or `internes' in teaching hospitals in Paris, France. Original concept of the `la salle de garde' in the mid-19th century; Retention of original rituals; Ceremonial greetings between `internes'; Proceedings overseen by the...
- Internal medicine (clinical vignettes) & (research). // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS46
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `A regional survey of the general internal medicine consultation process,' by R. Hatala et al.
- Medical education. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS51
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `A time-study of on call activities in internal medicine,' by K.A. Myers and A. Palepu.
- Erratum to: Society of General Internal Medicine 34th Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, May 4-7, 2011. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Oct2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p1219
A correction to the article "Society of General Internal Medicine 34th Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, May 4-7, 2011" that was published in the January 2011 issue is presented.
- Correction: Comment on Asher and "Munchausen" // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug77, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p253
Presents a correction to the editorial comment published in the June 1977 issue of the periodical "Annals of Internal Medicine."
- Chronic Disease Care: Rearranging the Deck Chairs. Lawrence, David M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/20/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p458
Presents an introduction to the September 20, 2005 issue of the journal "Annals of Internal Medicine."
- Resource kit helps internists host and teach medical students. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring95, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p250
Focuses on a resource kit on internal medicine preceptorship programs from the American Society of Internal Medicine (ASIM). Encouragement of medical students to choose to train in general internal medicine; Lack od medical student exposure to the real world of internal medicine practice;...
- The Structure and Content of the Medical Subinternship. Sidlow, Robert // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Aug2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p550
OBJECTIVE: To describe the educational and administrative structure and content of internal medicine subinternship (SI) programs at medical schools throughout the United States. DESIGN: A cross-sectional mailed survey of internal medicine SI directors at U.S. medical schools. MAIN RESULTS:...