Critical Care Internships and Fellowships: Customizing the Approach to Specialty Orientation
- Making rose rounds. // Patient Care;3/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p194
Presents information on a medical student's reflections on his inpatient attending rounds. Definition of attending round; Challenge of making patients thrive and blossom; Similarities between patients and roses; Roses effect on patients' spirits and illnesses.
- The Most Forgotten Alien Land. Makari, George J. // Massachusetts Review;Fall2001, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p371
Presents the essay `The Most Forgotten Alien Land.'
- La salle de garde: Bastion of the French lunch hour for junior doctors. Prendergast, Bernard D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/20/97&12/27/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7123, p1708
Talks about the lunchtime catering arrangements for junior doctors or `internes' in teaching hospitals in Paris, France. Original concept of the `la salle de garde' in the mid-19th century; Retention of original rituals; Ceremonial greetings between `internes'; Proceedings overseen by the...
- Internal medicine (clinical vignettes) & (research). // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS46
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `A regional survey of the general internal medicine consultation process,' by R. Hatala et al.
- Medical education. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS51
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `A time-study of on call activities in internal medicine,' by K.A. Myers and A. Palepu.
- Erratum to: Society of General Internal Medicine 34th Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, May 4-7, 2011. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Oct2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p1219
A correction to the article "Society of General Internal Medicine 34th Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, May 4-7, 2011" that was published in the January 2011 issue is presented.
- Chronic Disease Care: Rearranging the Deck Chairs. Lawrence, David M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/20/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p458
Presents an introduction to the September 20, 2005 issue of the journal "Annals of Internal Medicine."
- Resource kit helps internists host and teach medical students. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring95, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p250
Focuses on a resource kit on internal medicine preceptorship programs from the American Society of Internal Medicine (ASIM). Encouragement of medical students to choose to train in general internal medicine; Lack od medical student exposure to the real world of internal medicine practice;...
- The Structure and Content of the Medical Subinternship. Sidlow, Robert // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Aug2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p550
OBJECTIVE: To describe the educational and administrative structure and content of internal medicine subinternship (SI) programs at medical schools throughout the United States. DESIGN: A cross-sectional mailed survey of internal medicine SI directors at U.S. medical schools. MAIN RESULTS:...
- Internal Medicine in the National Resident Matching Program 1837: The Ides of March. Graettinger, John S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan88, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p101
Examines the positions offered and filled by programs in internal medicine in the National Resident Matching Program match during the 1970s. Decrease in the number and percentage of graduating seniors from medical schools in the U.S. since 1985; Importance of the positions in determining the...