Crew Resource Management: What Do Airline Pilots Know About Critical Care?
- Organizational culture and teams. Recardo, Ronald; Jolly, Jennifer // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring97, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Discusses the issue on the development of team success in organizations. Various styles incorporated in management; Why some teams succeed while others do not; Description of the various types of teams available; Measurement of team culture; Discussion on teams in organizations.
- Enhancing teamwork in complex environments through team... Stout, Renee J.; Salas, Eduardo; Fowlkes, Jennifer E. // Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama & Sociometry;Winter97, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p163
Presents information on a study on comprehensive evaluation of team training using a multiple-measurement approach. Means of identifying whether a particular team training effort is effective; Methodology used in the study; Results and discussion.
- Training. // People Management;6/27/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 13, p6
Focuses on some programs in Great Britain that provides teamworking and leadership skills and training. Information about the plans of the Prince of Wales to offer 16 to 25-year-olds to participate in the Prince's Trust Volunteers program; Criticism of the Association of Metropolitan...
- Teams aren't the end-all. Sharf, Stephen // Ward's Auto World;Jan98, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p15
Presents information on the concept of teams in the different levels of the auto industry. Details on the benefits of this to the industry; Identification of the proper balance between management and teams; Information on the drawbacks of the team concept.
- Ergonomics teams: A practical application of resources... Ousnamer, Mark A. // IIE Solutions;Sep97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p24
Discusses the team approach to ergonomics of industrial engineering companies. Types of team approach; Team dynamics; Factors to consider on ergonomics team training; Political aspect of the team approach; Conclusions. INSET: Mead successfully implements ergonomics teams..
- Teams in the workplace: From `why' to cautions. Leaver, Robert // Innovating;Winter97, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on teams in the workplace. Definition of teams; Reference to the nature of the business; Information on management; Reference to the book `The Human Side of Enterprise'; Benefits of teams in the workplace; Identification of cautions to look for when having teams in the...
- Training cross-functional teams. // Supervisory Management;Mar95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p10
Describes how to train cross-functional work teams. Uncertainty of many companies to implement training procedures; Issues to be considered; Topics essential to a team training program.
- Ground rules for groups. Schwarz, Roger M. // Training & Development;Aug94, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p45
Presents suggestions for maintaining ground rules for work groups. Identification of common group values; Sharing relevant information; Focusing on common interests; Encouragement of questions; Application of ground rules in actual practice. INSETS: The conversation.;Survival skills for group...
- Facts and Fictions about Teams. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p60
Explores what securities firms are actually doing to help representatives make the transition from sole practitioners to team players. Securities firms that have formal team-building departments; Advantage of existing team training; Percentage of brokers that participate in teams, according to...