We've Seen Fire and We've Seen Rain--Chapter Program Emergency Preparedness
- CE/CME questions. // ED Management;Apr2007, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p47
The article presents a quiz about the evacuation of patients.
- Georgia hospital hit by F3 tornado -- post-op patients, others evacuated. // Same-Day Surgery;Apr2007, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p41
When an F3 tornado severely damaged a hospital in Americus, GA, all patients had to be evacuated, including five patients who had undergone surgery that day. Fifty-three patients were evacuated by area ambulances and a school bus. â€¢ The OR staff conducted an immediate amputation of a...
- Wildfires force Arizona hospital to evacuate. // AHA News;7/1/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the evacuation of the Navapache Regional Medical Center in Show Low, Arizona because of the threat posed by the uncontained wildfires in the eastern part of the state. Cancellation of elective surgeries; Number of patients that were discharged or airlifted.
- After 2 years of planning, hospitals pull off massive move with hardly a hitch. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;2/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p6
Describes the successful massive transfer of patients from two Flint, Michigan-area hospitals, Saint Joseph and Flint Osteopathic hospitals, to Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, a Flint suburb. Final part of a two-year relocation process; Features of the facility which consolidated...
- Georgia hospital hit by F3 tornado -- All patients evacuated through the ED. // ED Management;Apr2007, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p37
When an F3 tornado severely damaged a hospital in Americus, GA, all patients had to be evacuated through the emergency department. â€¢ Fifty-three patients were evacuated by area ambulances and a school bus to other hospitals in the region. â€¢ The hospital advises others to have an...
- How to set up emergency treatment area at a church. // ED Management;Apr2007, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p39
The article discusses the efforts to establish a temporary treatment center for the patients of the Sumter Regional Hospital inside the First Baptist Church in Americus, Georgia. The treatment center features a treatment room that include a triage area, cots provided by the church, a physician...
- Nearby hospital accepted patients after evacuation. // ED Nursing;Apr2007, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p65
The article reports that Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany, Georgia, served as one of the accepting hospitals for patients who came from Sumter Regional Hospital in Americus, Georgia, which was damaged by an F3 tornado. The hospital accepted 45 patients, which included inpatients and...
- EVACUATION AND INITIAL MANAGEMENT AT HOSPITAL. Swain, Andrew; Grundy, David; Russell, John // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/7/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6509, p1623
Examines the evacuation and transfer to hospital in spinal cord injured patients. Application of spinal board of Hines cervical splint to patients; Prevention of neck movement; Use of Hines splint for immobilizing the neck of patients during transportation.
- Hospital evacuates patients because of oil leak. Narine, Shari // Windspeaker;Jan2015, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p11
The article reports that patients of the Attawapiskat hospital in Ontario were evacuated to another facility on December 1, 2014 because of an oil spill from a cracked pipe.