Zap Those VAPS! A PICU's Efforts to Eradicate Ventilator Associated Pneumonias
- NPSF guide to prevent infection available. // AHA News;8/26/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p8
Provides information on the brochure being designed by the American Hospital Association together with the American Medical Association and the National Patient Safety Foundation, which focuses on infections prevention in hospitals. Purpose of the brochure.
- Britain tries to cut risk of hospital acquired infection. Court, Claudia // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/16/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7032, p660
Reports on the teamup between the Public Health Laboratory Service and the Department of Health in Great Britain to launch a surveillance scheme aimed at reducing the risk of hospital acquired infection. Establishment of a nosocomial infection surveillance unit at Colindale in north London,...
- Infection control in hospitals--sink or swim? // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/15/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7118, p1315
Talks about the attention given to infection control in hospitals. Result of an American study; Fundamental problems faced by the author as an infection control doctor; Overprescribing of antibiotics; Demand from patients that doctors and nurses wash their hands.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p9
Reports the surgical infection guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee will be released by late June or early July 1998.
- Strategies for minimizing nosocomial measles transmission. Biellik, R.J.; Clements, C.J. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1997, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p367
Reviews the results of the strategies used in minimizing nosocomial measles transmission. Factors which influence the control of nosocomial measles; Details on the epidemiology of nosocomial measles; What are the recommendations for control of the disease; Other information on the findings of...
- Contain It! A Simple Solution to Decrease Nosocomial Infections. M., Castillo; E., Regan // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe4
An abstract of the article "Contain It! A Simple Solution to Decrease Nosocomial Infections," by M. Castillo and E. Regan is presented.
- Looks Like We Made It! Utilizing Best Practice Bundles to Decrease Catheter Related BSI and VAP Rates in the SICU. S., Dickinson; C., Rickelmann; C., Zalewski; R., Horner; M., LaBeske; C., Meldrum // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe13
An abstract of the study "Looks Like We Made It! Utilizing Best Practice Bundles to Decrease Catheter Related BSI and VAP Rates in the SICU," by S. Dickinson, C. Rickelmann, C. Zalewski, R. Horner, M. LaBeske, C. Meldrum and the Nursing and Medical staff of the SICU is presented.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jan95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the findings of Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta on the reduction of nosocomial transmission of tuberculosis (TB) to health care workers. Methods include expanded respiratory isolation; Increased TB surveillance; Information from the report of researchers at Emory University School...
- Web Watch. // British Journal of Nursing;1/9/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p26
Features Web sites that relate to hospital infection control. Infection Control Nurses' Association; Infection Control Today; Hospital Infection Society; Public Health Laboratory Service; Evidence-based Practice in Infection Control; Health Matters Infection Control Pages.