"Virtual" CCU in the Emergency Department for STEMI Patient Care
- Psychological disturbances in a coronary care unit. Raja, J. R.; Ramakrishnan, N.; Babu, A.; Nikhilesh, J. // Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine;Oct-Dec2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p236
Presents an abstract of the article "Psychological Disturbances in a Coronary Care Unit," by J. R. Raja, N. Ramakrishnan, A. Babu and J. Nikhilesh.
- Mortality from myocardial infraction in different types of hospitals. Reznik, Robert; Ring, Ian; Fletcher, Peter; Berry, Geoffrey // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/2/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6580, p1121
Examines effectiveness of coronary care units in hospitals on reducing mortality in New South Wales. Assessment on necessity of resources increase in coronary unit; Influence of health care planners and clinicians on level of coronary care facilities; Difference in efficacy between urban...
- The Value of Cardiology. Goldman, Lee // New England Journal of Medicine;12/19/96, Vol. 335 Issue 25, p1918
Editorial. Discusses the value of cardiologic specialty services. Assumption that additional years of training translates into improved clinical skills for treating patients with cardiac disorders.
- Heart smart hospitals thrive. Solnik, Claudiaa // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/21/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p6B
Reports on problems confronting hospitals with the heightened demand for cardiac care in Long Island, New York. Limitations in cardiac care capacity; Impetus to the increased demand for cardiac care; Overview of plans of hospitals to expand its cardiac care facility.
- Technology or Patients? Makous, Norman // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2013, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p505
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the cardiac care on the patient versus the technological care of a disease.
- Incidence o fmicrobial colonization in coronoray care unit. Spyrou, A.; Triklis, J.; Panagiotou, C. // BMC Proceedings;Jan2011 Supplement 6, Vol. 5, pP75
An abstract of the article "Incidence o fmicrobial colonization in coronoray care unit," by A. Spyrou, J. Triklis and C. Panagiotou, is presented.
- Effectiveness of Coronary Care Units in Small Community Hospitals. Stross, Jeoffrey K.; Willis III, Park W.; Reynolds Jr., E. W.; Lewis, Ralph E.; Schatz, Irwin J.; Bellfy, Luanne C.; Copp, Jeanne // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec76, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p709
Presents a study that evaluated a program establishing a coronary care unit in a community hospital in Michigan. Background on coronary care units; Factors considered with regard to admission to the coronary care unit; Analysis of the mortality rate in the coronary care unit; Investigation of...
- KEEPING PATIENTS in the pink. Serghis, Dimitri // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct98, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p28
Presents the views of nurses on coronary care or intensive care units, while focusing on the coronary care unit (CCU) at Melbourne's Austin and Repatriation in Australia. Description of the coronary care unit; Comments from Marcia George, a nursing unit manager; Methods introduced by George at...
- Independent Nurse: Professional - Workplace - Practical prescribing. // GP: General Practitioner;7/23/2010, p45
The article provides an answer to a question of whether or not the restrictions on the location for supplying or administering opiates in coronary care units (CCU) and accident and emergency departments applies to nurse independent prescribers (NIPs).