Using Citrate As an Anticoagulant During Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
- hypocitraturia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1131
A definition of the term "hypocitraturia," which refers to a decrease in urinary citrate excretion, is presented.
- Shock-absorbing bone goo offers osteoporosis insight. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jun2014, Vol. 172 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses a research study in which scientists from England used a combination of NMR spectroscopy, x-ray diffraction, imaging and computational modeling to reveal citrate layers in bone that could be the root cause of osteoporosis.
- Chronic metabolic acidosis increases NaDC-1 mRNA and protein abundance in rat kidney. Aruga, Seiji; Wehrli, Stephan; Kaissling, Brigitte; Moe, Orson W.; Preisig, Patricia A.; Pajor, Ana M.; Alpern, Robert J. // Kidney International;Jul2000, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p206
Chronic metabolic acidosis increases NaDC-1 mRNA and protein abundance in rat kidney. Background. Chronic metabolic acidosis increases, while alkali feeding inhibits, proximal tubule citrate absorption. The activity of the apical membrane Na+ /citrate cotransporter is increased in metabolic...
- Fentanyl. // Reactions Weekly;Oct2014, Vol. 1523 Issue 1, p94
An abstract of the article "Barriers to prescription of sublingual fentanyl tablets for breakthrough cancer pain in an outpatient cancer center" by M. Slaven and colleagues is presented.
- Sodium citrate improves exercise capacity. Antonio, Jose // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb98, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p174
Focuses on sodium citrate which is another alkalinizing agent, and its ergogenic effects. Reference to a study conducted in which eight persons injested a percentage of the chemical after intense cycling exercise; Results of the study; What the results indicate.
- citrate:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p92
A definition of the term "citrate," as it is used in chemistry, is presented.
- Metabolism: Some assembly required. Goodman, Catherine // Nature Chemical Biology;Dec2015, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p902
The article reports that in a research study conducted to analyse the evolutionary principles governing E.coli bacteria, Cit+ population of E.coli emerged, which had the capability to utilise citrate, and discusses the ongoing research to analyse role of citrate synthase gene, gltA.
- Bad for You, But Good for Morflex. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;8/9/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 30, p43
Focuses on Morflex, producer of nitrogen-diethyl-m-tolulamide (DEET) mosquito repellent and citrate ester. Brief information on the company; Sales posted by the firm; Potential market growth of citrate esters in polyvinyl chloride toy markets; Condition of the citrate ester business of the firm.
- Gallium-67 for Localization of Septic Lesions. Littenberg, Richard L.; Taketa, Richard M.; Alazraki, Naomi P.; Halpern, Samuel E.; Ashburn, William L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep73, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p403
Focuses on a study which investigated the use of gallium-67 citrate in the evaluation of the septic patient. Materials and methods; Results; Discussion.