Patient Screening in the ICU for MRSA
- Keep 'Em CLEAN. // Current Health 1;Mar2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p4
This article describes how hand washing prevents the spread of illnesses such as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Diagnosis and management of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection . Duckworth, Georgia J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/23/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6911, p1049
Investigates the diagnosis and management of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection in London, England. Aspects of management of the infection; Description of methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus; Role of hospital policies in restricting the use of antibiotics;...
- For MRSA detection, nasal screening alone may be insufficient. Lewis, Jay; Volansky, Rob // Infectious Disease News;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on a study which found that administrating nasal screening alone to diagnose methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus could lead to missed diagnosis.
- Antibiotic resistance, CA-MRSA make susceptibility testing essential. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the importance of susceptibility testing to deal with the increasing rate of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) infections combined with changes in patterns of antimicrobial resistance, discussed by Robert W. French Jr., a pediatric...
- Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia: 400 episodes in St Thomas's Hospital. Gransden, W.R.; Eykyn, Susannah J.; Phillips, Ian // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/28/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6413, p300
Examines four hundred episodes of staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia in St. Thomas Hospital in London, England. Percentage of mortality rate in patients with the disease; Source of the organism; Resistance of staphylococci to penicillin.
- Erratum to: Impact of Preoperative MRSA Screening and Decolonization on Hospital-acquired MRSA Burden. Mehta, Sapna; Hadley, Scott; Hutzler, Lorraine; Slover, James; Phillips, Michael; Bosco, Joseph // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Jun2013, Vol. 471 Issue 6, p2044
A correction to the article "Impact of Preoperative MRSA Screening and Decolonization on Hospital-acquired MRSA Burden" that was published online in the March 23, 2013 issue is presented.
- Concern raised over MRSA farm threat. // Meat Trades Journal;1/18/2013, p3
The article reports on the presence of superbug (MRSA ST398) among pigs in animal farms in Great Britain, which according to the Soil Association Certification Ltd. was epidemic in both European and North American pig herds.
- New test developed for identifying S. aureus. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Mar2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses research on a laboratory test developed to identify Staphylococcus aureus, by C. L. Pierce and colleagues, published in "Molecular and Cellular Proteomics."
- Screening and decolonisation of S. aureus pays off. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Mar2014, Vol. 697 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses research being done on routine Staphylococcus aureus screening and decolonization in lung and heart transplant recipients, which references a study by C. J. Clancy et al. in the February 7, 2014 issue of the "European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases."