International Study Buddies: Partners in Research Across the Continents
- Headlines. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/9/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7006, p646
Reports on international developments in the field of medicine as of September 9, 1995. Includes news on the warning issued by the United States on nifedipine; Disability bill in Great Britain aimed at protecting HIV carriers from discrimination in employment; Move made by the Medical Action...
- Flying high. // U.S. News & World Report;8/22/88, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p10
Discusses efforts by scientists in the US and Soviet Union to share data on the impact of space flight on the health of cosmonauts.
- Global elimination of lymphatic filariasis. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;12/14/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 50, p396
Reports on the progress of regionalization process of the program to eliminate lymphatic filariasis. Approval of the application from Egypt and Yemen for drug donation; Establishment of the basis for the functioning of the review group in the U.S.; Working principles of the operations of the...
- Global health and the limits of medicine. // Second Opinion;Jan93, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p52
Features an interview with Dave Hilton, a consultant in international and congregation-based health programs for Ecumenical Health Ministries. Views on medicine and its limitations; Problems in international ill health and the ethical system; Role of the church in people empowerment for health...
- Essential drugs save lives. // World Health;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on the World Health Organization (WHO) Action Programme on Essential Drugs. Number of countries helped by the program; Reason for the establishment of the program; Information on the first Model List of Essential Drugs by WHO.
- Emergency services plan for a bioterrorist attack. Eaton, Lynn // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/23/2002, Vol. 324 Issue 7339, p696
Reports that Great Britain's emergency services will take part in an international exercise to test responses to a bioterrorist attack. Meeting of health ministers from Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the United States, the United Kingdom and the European Union to decide a common...
- Conference to address progress of Iowa-Russia information exchange. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;2/20/95, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the conference in Stavropol, Russia scheduled on June 26 to 28, 1995 focusing on medical advances achieved through an international exchange program involving hospitals in Stavropol and Iowa. Features of the conference; Features of the program by Iowa hospitals; Comment by Philip...
- Report showcases success of integrated development approaches. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/26/2011, Vol. 21, p642
The article presents a report released by a group of six influential aid agencies, offering a clear proof that a combined approach to tackling disease and poverty attains better outcome for the world's poorest in 2011.
- Medical Civic Assistance Program Helps Korengal Valley Afghans. // Military Medicine;Jul2006 Supplement, Vol. 171, p4
Provides information on the Medical Civic Assistance Program (MEDCAP) conducted by the Afghan National Army and coalition forces in Kunar province's Korengai Valley in Afghanistan. Significance of MEDCAP in brining peace and medication in the area; Statement issued by Navy Petty Officer 2nd...