Incorporating Aquapheresis Into Therapy Options for the Treatment of Volume Overload: A CNS Driven Project
- Options in advanced heart failure. Amsterdam, Ezra A.; Cohn, Jay N. // Patient Care;4/30/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p44
Part III. Discusses the various factors and options that doctors must consider in the case of a patient with progressive or advanced heart failure. Follow-up; Indicators of the patient's response to treatment; Preventive care; Comorbidity; Complications; Late-stage signs; Invasive measures.
- Levosimendan: A Viewpoint by Wilbert S. Aronow. Aronow, W.S. // Drugs;Mar2001, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p628
Comments on the effectivity of levosimendan for the treatment of patients with stable or decompensated congestive heart failure associated with abnormal left ventricular ejection fraction. Result of its clinical trial.
- ICER: final report on CardioMEMS HF System and Entresto. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;12/19/2015, Vol. 743 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the final report released by the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review (ICER) regarding heart failure (HF) interventions, CardioMEMS HF System and sacubitril/valsatran for the treatment of congestive HF.
- Asymptomatic LV dysfunction. // Modern Medicine;Feb94, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the approval of the drug enalapril maleate by the US Food and Drug Administration. Treatment for patients with left ventricular dysfunction; Dosage; Contraindications.
- Therapeutic options for congestive heart failure. Ross, Brendan S.; King, Jeffery M.; Fischer, Richard G. // Drug Topics;2/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p102
Presents information on congestive heart failure (CHF) with reference to its therapeutic options in the United States. Estimation of the amount of Americans who are afflicted with CHF; What have been associated with the increase prevalence and incidence of heart failure; Details on the diagnosis...
- Taking charge of heart failure. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jul94, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p80
Discusses that timely diagnosis and medication could prevent nearly half of the early deaths of people diagnosed with heart failure. Medical problems that can irreversibly damage the heart; Effect of proper treatment; Major medications; Things to avoid; Two essential steps which should be taken...
- Consensus report urges four-drug regimen for heart failure. // Geriatrics;Apr99, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the report `Consensus Recommendations for the Management of Chronic Heart Failure,' issued by a panel of heart experts. Why heart failure is increasing in prevalence; Explanation of Doctor Milton Packer on the practice patterns for the treatment of heart failure; Percentage of heart...
- Taking action against heart failure. // Patient Care;3/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p94
Guides about definition, cause, preventive therapy for heart failure. INSET: Doing your part...
- Drug treatment in heart failure. Steeds, Richard P.; Channer, Kevin S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/21/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7131, p567
Editorial. Examines the effect of drug treatment to heart failure which is a clinical syndrome in which the heart fails to maintain an adequate output to vital organs. Method of modifying the adverse compensatory activation of the renin-angiotensin system; Effect of adrenergic stimulation on...
- Evaluation of treatment for congestive heart failure in patients aged 60 years and older using... Jenkinson, Crispin; Jenkinson, Damian // Age & Ageing;Jan1997, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p7
Evaluates treatment for congestive heart failure of older patients using generic measures of health status measures. Form 36 (SF-36) and Dartmouth COOP charts; Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor treatment; Indication for SF-36 and COOP charts health status measures; Standardized...