Development of an ICU Preceptor Program Based on the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care
- Reflecting on trauma. Baldock, Lynn // Nursing Standard;6/10/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p61
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending a preceptorship which was concerned with the management of post traumatic stress syndrome.
- Preceptorship: Shaping the Art of Nursing Through Practical Wisdom. Myrick, Florence; Yonge, Olive; Billay, Diane B.; Luhanga, Florence L. // Journal of Nursing Education;Mar2011, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p134
With so much emphasis having been focused on the development of nursing science and most recently on evidence- based practice, little attention has been directed toward the art of nursing or the practical wisdom that constitutes the spirit of that art. Practical wisdom is the performance of...
- Why we work side by side with student nurses. Swayne, Margaret // RN;Aug86, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p44
Describes how an experienced nurse helps a nursing student about hospital nursing through preceptorship program. Advice on improving nursing skills; Importance of preceptorship to a nursing program.
- Evelyn S. tries teaching. // RN;Jul77, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p12
Examines the case of a nurse appointed as a preceptor for nursing students assigned to her rural hospital. Evaluation of the nurse's performance as a teacher; Legal responsibility of the nurse for the nursing procedures performed by the students.
- How to turn a student or a colleague. Lee, Shannon // RN;Sep88, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on nursing preceptorship education. Determination of the tasks that nursing students are permitted to do; Importance of building learning opportunities for nursing students; Discussion of problems or complaints.
- Better nursing care through preceptorships. Maraldo, Pamela J. // RN;Mar77, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p69
Focuses on preceptorship programs in the field of nursing. Factor that contributed to the growing interest on preceptorship programs; Concept of the preceptorship programs; Advantages of the programs.
- How Nurse Preceptors Influence New Graduates. Pearson, Julie // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2003 Supplement, Vol. 23, p26
Discusses the status of employment in the nursing arena and the influence of nurse preceptors on nursing graduates. Shortage in the nursing profession; Factors that affect retention of nurses; Steps significant in the orientation process of nursing graduates.
- Preceptors helping with remediation. Jenkins, Jo Ann // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p13
Presents a letter to the editor about the application of preceptors in helping nursing graduate students in the remediation program.
- The author responds. Nibert, Ainslie T. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p13
Presents a response to a letter to the editor about the application of preceptors in helping nursing graduate students in the remediation program.