DIGITAL TRANSITION COUNTDOWN: Unclear Picture for Shoppers
- Format conversion, part 2: Getting from 4:3 to 16:9. Robin, Michael // World Broadcast Engineering;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p56
Part II. Focuses on the format conversion of analog television to digital TV. Methods of 4:3 to 16:9 format conversion; Effect of resizing on the original size of an image; Basic functions of an upconverter.
- Keeping it simple: the usability of interactive TV. Daly-Jones, Owen // Consumer Policy Review;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p173
Presents a study which explored the usability of a user-friendly digital television technology. Purpose of the research; Description of the digital technology; Findings.
- Retailing Of Digital TV: A Tale Of Two Channels. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p34
Reports the retail trade of digital television (DTV) in the United States. Popularity of digital television monitors in the country; Uncertainty of the market due to standards rebates of DTV; Statistics on the sales of DTV and color television.
- Digital TV Is Still A Mystery At Retail. Gerson, Bob // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the importance of retailer in the sale performance of digital television. Display of direct-view models of Best Buy; Improper display of Samsung Corp. model by retailers; Significance of retailers in the presentation of models.
- Digital TV still has work to do to win over UK gamblers. Bold, Ben // Marketing (00253650);3/27/2003, p5
The article focuses on a survey reveling that gamblers in Great Britain don't use digital television (TV) as a betting medium. The survey spells either bad news or a major challenge for leisure and entertainment group Rank which has hired Agency Republic to promote launch of an interactive TV...
- Agency arm targets top-end. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/10/2003, Issue 2554, p15
Reports that Travel Channel's commercial off-shoot Travel Deals Direct (TDD) has moved upmarket to distance itself from entrants into the digital television retail sector. List of digital television retail stores; Aim of TDD to sell less mass-market products and more on companies selling higher...
- Doubts over digital surface from survey. Stern, Andy // Variety;09/13/99, Vol. 376 Issue 4, p34
Provides information on the survey `Media '99' conducted by management consultants at Pricewaterhousecoopers on the competence of European media companies to handle the switch to digital. Assessment of management's preparation for the move to digital; Leaders in the market in terms of customer...
- Digital TV fails to make big impact on viewing hours. // Marketing (00253650);1/24/2002, p5
Reports on the failure of digital television to make an impact on viewing hours in a survey conducted by Taylor Nelson Sofres.
- REPORT: 3M U.S. HOMES UNREADY FOR DTV. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;6/15/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p8
The article reports on the survey about digital television (TV) conducted by the Nielsen Company. It shows that almost 3 million American homes were not ready for the digital TV transition scheme on June 12, 2009. These respondents were mostly younger, black, and Hispanic. It is noted that the...