- IS THE GRASS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE: AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CASE STUDY. Newton, Stan; Borstorff, Patricia C. // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2012, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p45
An abstract of "Is the Grass Greener on the Other Side: An Independent Contractor Case Study," by Stan Newton and Patricia C. Borstorff, is presented.
- Performance and training standards for endovascular ischemic stroke treatment. Meyers, P. M.; Schumacher, H. C.; Alexander, M. J.; Derdeyn, C. P.; Furlan, A. J.; Higashida, R. T.; Moran, C. J.; Tarr, R. W.; Heck, D. V.; Hirsch, J. A.; Jensen, M. E.; Linfante, I.; McDougall, C. G.; Nesbit, G. M.; Rasmussen, P. A.; Tomsick, T. A.; Wechsler, L. R.; Wilson, J. R.; Zaidat, O. O. // Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery;Jul2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p3
An abstract of the article "Performance and training standards for endovascular ishemic stroke treatment," by P. M. Meyers, H. C. Schumacher, M. J. Alexander and other colleagues at the American Academy of Neurology is presented.
- HUMAN RESOURCES Symposium Paper Abstracts. // Academy of Management Proceedings & Membership Directory;2002, p1
The article presents a section of abstracts pertaining to human resources management including "Skilled and Contingent: Paradoxes and Prospects for Professional Independent Contractors," "International Diffusion of Industrial Relations and HR Systems: Building a Research Network," and...
- Review of Robust Displacement Estimation Employing Inexpensive Webcam Based Optical Flow. Qureshi, Faisal Z. // Canadian Young Scientist Journal;2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 2, p32
The article reviews the article "Robust Displacement Estimation Employing Inexpensive Webcam Based Optical Flow," by Christopher Nielsen, which appeared in the journal "Canadian Young Scientist Journal" on February 2010.
- Robust synthesis method improves dielectric-mirror design. // Laser Focus World;Mar2011, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the robust synthesis method developed by the researchers at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universit�t M�nchen, Ultrafast Innovations, and Ultrafast Innovations which improves dielectric-mirror design to produce using conventional needle optimization techniques.
- Beware the lure of the independent contractor. Murphy, James A. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA-5
Looks at the utilization of independent contractors. Details on legal aspects regarding payment; Determination of an independent contractor of employee status; Evaluation of a specific work situation; Benchmarks for indication of an independent contractor arrangement.
- Savings or legal snare? Bordwin, Milton // Management Review;Nov95, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p9
Gives information on a series of legal briefs. Information on independent contractors; Recommendations.
- State attempts to define `independent contractor'. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on efforts to adopt common guidelines in identifying workers as employees or independent contractors in New York. Review of guidelines by the state Labor Department; Use of independent contractors to reduce labor costs.
- Employee or independent contractor? Schulman, Mark L. // Association Management;Sep96, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p181
Presents the guidelines used by the government when determining whether a company or organization should hire independent contractors or employees. Reasons why some employers prefer to hire independent contractors.