FISH for the Detection of 1p and 19q Deletions in Oligodendrogioma Paraffin Wax Sections - A Retrospective Study of 55 Cases
- Genetics: male. // Human Reproduction;Jul2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 22, pi204
The article presents abstracts on the genetics of male fertility, including the simultaneous application of the hypoosmotic swelling test (HOST) and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in sperm selection to minimize cytogenetically abnormal outcomes, mutations and variations in the...
- Interphase FISH mapping of Chromosomal Rearrangements on Paraffin-Embedded Archival Patient Material. // Journal of Medical Genetics;Sep2004 Supplement, Vol. 41, pS21
Presents an abstract of the study entitled "Interphase FISH Mapping of Chromosomal Rearrangements on Paraffin-Embedded Archival Patient Material," by Louise Harewood, J. A. Fantes and D. R. FitzPatrick, presented during the British Human Genetics Conference held at the University of York in...
- Automated Scoring of Interphase FISH Signal Patterns Using SPOT AX. Success in Childhood ALL Treatment Trials. // Journal of Medical Genetics;Sep2004 Supplement, Vol. 41, pS21
Presents an abstract of the study entitled "Automated Scoring of Interphase FISH Signal Patterns Using SPOT AX. Success in Childhood ALL Treatment Trials," by Zoe Broadfield, A. R. M. Stewart and C. J. Harrison, presented during the British Human Genetics Conference held at the University of...
- Troglodytes At The Gate. // Book Publishing Report;7/8/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p2
Continuation of first article.
- Effect of eccentric contraction velocity on muscle damage in repeated bouts of elbow flexor exercise. Barroso, Renato; Roschel, Hamilton; Ugrinowitsch, Carlos; Ara�jo, Rubens; Nosaka, Kazunori; Tricoli, Valmor // Applied Physiology, Nutrition & Metabolism;Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p534
Eccentric exercise induces muscle damage, but controversy exists concerning the effect of contraction velocity on the magnitude of muscle damage, and little is known about the effect of contraction velocity on the repeated-bout effect. This study examined slow (60��s-1) and fast...
- Abstracts. Ward-Smith, Peggy // Urologic Nursing;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p354
The article presents abstracts on medical topics which include the association between smoking and bladder cancer risk, hormonal testing and pharmacological treatment of erectile dysfunction, and the management of hand hygiene.
- Abstracts. // Age & Ageing;Jan2011 Supplement 1, Vol. 40 Issue suppl_1, pi1
No abstract available.
- research stat: abstracts from that pile of peer-reviewed journals on your desk. // Dermatology Times;Apr2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
The article presents abstracts on dermatology which include one regarding the association of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors with issues on sexual health, one on the benefits of using near-infrared laser illumination for treating chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS), and one regarding the effectiveness of...
- Resources. Research digest. // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
The article presents abstracts of studies that examined methods of engaging fathers in children's health care, including "Many Fathers Visit the Child Health Care Centre, But Few Take Part in Parents' Groups," by A. C. Hallberg et al, "Including Fathers in Preventing Non-Accidental Head Injury,"...