POSTERIOR SPINAL FUSION WAS NOT IMPROVED BY SUPPLEMENTAL BONE GRAFT IN ADOLESCENT IDIOPATHIC SCOLIOSIS SPECIALTY UPDATE
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: An update. Skaggs, David L.; Bassett, George S. // American Family Physician;5/15/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p2327
Reports on the management and diagnosis of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Etiology; Screening procedures; Clinical assessment; Natural history and prognosis; Radiography; Nonoperative treatment; Indications for orthopedic referral.
- Dear synergy... Al Qaroot, Bashar; Hogg, Peter; Twiste, Martin; Howard, David; McAloon, Mark // Synergy: Imaging & Therapy Practice;May2012, p28
A letter to the editor in response to the article "How to get ahead of the curve," by Donna Dimond that was published in the January 2012 issue is presented.
- Correcting the curved spine of scoliosis. Farley, Dixie // FDA Consumer;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p26
Offers an overview of scoliosis. Statistics on the incidence of scoliosis; Gender differences; Treatment issues; Bracing; Surgery; Case of Laura Bradbard; Addresses for more information. INSETS: Types of braces;X-ray safety, by D.F..
- De Novo Skolyozu. ALTUN, Necdet şükrü // Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation / Turkiye ;Oct2011 Supplement, p1
No abstract available.
- Coping with scoliosis. Aitcheson, Connie // Cosmopolitan;Feb96, Vol. 220 Issue 2, p116
Looks at scoliosis and how the writer coped with it. What is scoliosis; Causes of scoliosis; Treatment; Some scoliosis women.
- `S' spells pain. Selvitella, M. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr92, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p49
Offers a look at scoliosis and the benefits of bodybuilding. Description of scoliosis; Theories in why it occurs; Factors; More common in females; Strengthening the muscles with bodybuilding; Screening; Prevention and promise.
- Scoliosis: Diagnosing girls at risk. MacDonald, Moira // Herizons;Fall94, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p42
Narrates author's bout with scoliosis. Idiopathic nature of scoliosis; Demise of in-school scoliosis screening programs in Canada; Advances in the treatment of scoliosis.
- Scoliosis and balance. Bishop, Paul; Williams, Trevor; Byl, N.N.; Holland, S.; Jurek, H.; Sereno, S.H. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Apr1998, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p191
Refers to a 1997 study by N.N. Byl, S. Holland, H. Jurek and S.H. Serono, entitled `Postural Imbalance and Vibratory Sensitivity in Patients with Idiopathic Scoliosis Implications for Treatment,' which appeared in the `Journal of Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy.' Percentage of the...
- Scoliosis and back pain. Eiff, Patrice; Rubin, Aaron // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Jul97, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p106A
Focuses on a study of 2,442 patients with idiopathic scoliosis which indicated that good quality radiographs are usually sufficient for diagnosis cases that may cause back pain. Necessity of studies for these back pains; Percentage of the subjects that had back pain at time of presentation and...
- Retraction Note: Comparison of the sagittal profiles among thoracic idiopathic scoliosis patients with different Cobb angles and growth potentials. Bo Ran; Guo-you Zhang; Feng Shen; Jia-yu Chen; Ji-bin Wu; Feng-chao Zhao; Kai-jin Guo; Dun-yi Qi; Bing Zhou; Xiang-yang Chen; Xin-zhu Zhang; Yue-hua Qiao; Ming Li // Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Research;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
A correction to the article "Comparison of the Sagittal Profiles Among Thoracic Idiopathic Scoliosis Patients With Different Cobb Angles and Growth Potentials" that was published in a 2014 issue is presented.