EYES WIDE SHUT: THE ROLE OF TORPOR IN THE LEMURIFORM COLONIZATION OF MADAGASCAR
Tags: LEMUR (Genus)
- A Fluffy Find. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/31/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the discovery of a lemur in Madagascar.
- Wherefore art thou? Stover, Dawn // Popular Science;Jun97, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p44
Relates the efforts of researchers at the Duke Primate Center in Durham, North Carolina in finding female diademed sifaka of the same species for a lemur named Romeo. The lemur as in captivity since the age of five months; The launching of two failed expeditions to Madagascar in search of a...
- Forest of the Black Lemur. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p14
Describes the Earthwatch project lead by Joseph Andrews of Washington University, at Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar on a rare species of Lemurs.
- Primate Trivia�. // Monkeyshines & the Primates: The Study of Primatology;2001, p95
Presents several trivial information related to primates. Origin of the word 'lemur'; Founder of modern taxonomy; Chief natural enemy of the baboon.
- Twinkle Toes. Girodat, Gillian // WILD;Aug2001, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p46
Provides information on lemur, also known as Verreaux's sifaka. Description of the sifakas found in Madagascar; Behavior of the animal.
- Guess WHO? // WILD;Nov2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p37
Presents a photograph of an endangered lemur species from Madagascar.
- PICTURE OF THE WEEK. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;4/24/2009, Vol. 87 Issue 24, p2
A photograph of a lemur born in captivity in December 2008 in France is presented.
- STRIPES AND SPOTS. Bishop, Gerry // Ranger Rick;Apr2007, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p3
The article presents information related to various animals with stripes and spots including lions, sharks and lemurs.
- A Place for Primates. // Scholastic DynaMath;May/Jun2013, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p8
A quiz concerning the calculation of perimeters designed on greater bamboo lemur and Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar is presented.