TRAINING A "NEW" CONSCIOUSNESS
- No buy-in for government contracts. // Works Management;Sep2007, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the failure of the government in Great Britain to tender government contracts to manufacturers. According to a report by EEF, a manufacturers' organization, government procurement processes remain unsuccessful in achieving full value for the taxpayer. The report revealed...
- The impact of red tape's administrative delay on public organizations' interest in new... Pandey, Sanjay K.; Bretschneider, Stuart I. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Jan97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p113
Investigates whether public organizations see new computer technologies as tools to cut down red-tape induced administrative delay. Possible relation between red tape and new information technologies; Impact of computer technology on internal administrative processing; Levels of red tape;...
- Robert Atkinson. // Government Technology;Nov2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p10
An interview with Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF) founder and president Robert Atkinson is presented. When asked about the local government and state in terms of information technology (IT) innovation, he says there has been improvement in e-government sites. Atkinson...
- The Behavior Of Bureaucracy in Formulation Annual Government Planning Process. Ahmad, Jamaluddin // Journal of Public Administration & Governance;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p108
The consistency of regional government budget is actually reflected from adjustment planning and budgeting program, which is really determined by formulating process of annual government planning every year. Formulating process is bureaucracy responsibility, so most of behaviors of bureaucracy...
- Tomorrow's Reinvented Government: 10 Changes Ahead. McDonough, Francis A. // Futurist;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p50
Highlights the effects of technological innovations on public administration. Integrated services to the public; Creation of a self-service government; Significance of the Internet to the concept of a self-service government; Contracting out in government. INSET: Reinventing Disaster Relief.
- Bust Bureaucracy. Romero, Eric J. // Sales & Service Excellence;Aug2012, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p6
The article informs that bureaucracy prevents industrial innovation since it is based on rules, polices and procedures.
- Toward Full Public E-Service Environment in Developing Countries. Hassan, H. S.; Shehab, E.; Peppard, J. // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Jun2010, Issue 42, p618
No abstract available.
- Management by Government: Science and Technology in Britain. Mencher, Alan G. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;May1968, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the effort of the government to manage science and technology in Great Britain. These efforts were initiated in the context of the government's determination to enter the Common Market. According to experts, the development of institutional structures intended to organize...
- Akhilesh:Perception versus reality. Narain, Yogendra // Gfiles;Jul2013, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p72
The article illustrates the image of the Uttar Pradesh (UP) Government in India, which is described as a badly managed state. The state is perceived by the rest of the country as a backward state. UP is suggested to eradicate factors negatively affecting its progress such as casteism, revenge...