Highlights of this Issue â€¢ Dans ce numÃ©ro
- The Association of Low Birthweight and Chronic Renal Failure Among Medicaid Young Adults with Diabetes and/or Hypertension. Fan, Z. Joyce; Lackland, Daniel T.; Lipsitz, Stuart R.; Nicholas, Joyce S. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun2006, Vol. 121 Issue 3, p239
Objective. The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of low birth-weight on chronic renal failure among young Medicaid patients with diabetes and/or hypertension. Methods. The study included Caucasian and African American young adults, aged 18-50, who enrolled in the Medicaid program...
- Low birth weight and risk of high blood pressure in adulthood. Gennser, Gerhard; Rymark, Per; Isberg, Per Erik // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/28/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6635, p1498
Examines the relationship between low birth weight and risk of high blood pressure in adulthood. Deviations in birth weight; Methods used to measure blood pressure; Association between intrauterine growth retardation and maternal hypertension.
- Contributions of parental blood pressures to association... Walker, Brian R.; McConnachie, Alex // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/14/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7134, p834
Examines the relationship between low birth weight and an inherited disposition to high blood pressure. Implications of the study; Influence of maternal blood pressure on birth weight; Conclusion.
- Indication of hypertension in utero and its amplification throughout life. Law, C.M.; de Swiet, M.; Osmond, C.; Fayers, P.M.; Barker, D.J.P.; Cruddas, A.M.; Fall, C.H.D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/2/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6869, p24
Examines the relation between high blood pressure and low birth weight in Great Britain. Initiation of essential hypertension in fetal life; Components in the aetiology of hypertension; Changes in the structure of blood vessels.
- Neonatal diabetes and intra-uterine growth retardation. Kr�ger, C.; D�rr, H. G.; von M�hlendahl, K. E.; Herkenhoff, H. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1997, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p1
Offers possible explanations for the association between neonatal diabetes and low birth weight. Common genetic determinant responsible for low birth weight and beta cell hypofunction; Severe intrauterine malnutrition inducing underdevelopment of a proper number or function of beta cells;...
- Are all infants of diabetic mothers 'macrosomic'? Bradley, R.J.; Nicolaides, K.H.; Brudenell, J.M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/17/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6663, p1583
Examines the deliveries of infants to diabetic mothers to determine populations according to birthweight. Description of macrosomia; Use of fetal size as an indication of the degree of control of diabetes during pregnancy; Treatment of pre-existing diabetes with insulin during pregnancy.
- Relationship Between Gestational Diabetes Mellitus and Low Maternal Birth Weight. Seghieri, Giuseppe; Anichini, Roberto; De Bellis, Alessandra; Alviggi, Lorenzo; Breschi, Maria Cristina; Franconi, Flavia // Diabetes Care;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1761
OBJECTIVE -- To study the relationship between low birth weight and the presence of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) or peripheral insulin resistance during pregnancy. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS -- We studied the relationship between peripheral insulin sensitivity (calculated by Matsuda and...
- Birth weight and non-insulin dependent diabetes: thrifty genotype, thrifty phenotype, or surviving small baby genotype? McCance, David R.; Pettitt, David J.; Hanson, Robert L.; Jacobsson, Lennart T.H.; Knowler, William C.; Bennett, Peter H. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/9/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6934, p942
Examines the relation between birth weight and the prevalence of diabetes in Pima Indians in Arizona. Nutritional factors reducing infant growth; Risk factors for the development of diabetes; Relationship between diabetes and obesity.
- Birth Weight Correlates Differently with Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Youth. Jung-Nan Wei; Hung-Yuan Li; Fung-Chang Sung; Chau-Ching Lin; Chuan-Chi Chiang; Chung-Yi Li; Lee-Ming Chuang // Obesity (19307381);Jun2007, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1609
The article discusses a study which evaluated the relationship between birth weight and cardiovascular risk factors in children and adolescents. A national survey was conducted and children with glucosuria, proteinuria or hematuria in repeated urine tests were included in the study and were...