- Announcements. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1987, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p398
Presents the schedule of several conferences and courses related to gastroenterology in 1987. 12th International Update on Liver Disease meeting in London, England in July; The Cutting Edge of Magnetic Resonance Imaging conference in Bermuda in May; 7th Annual Advances in Gastroenterology in...
- Metabonomics exposes metabolic biomarkers of Crohn's disease by 1HNMR. Fathi, Fariba; Ektefa, Fatemeh; Hagh-Azali, Mehrdad; Asadzadeh Aghdaie, Hamid // Gastroenterology & Hepatology from Bed to Bench;Supplement 1, Vol. 6, pS19
Metabonomics and other "omic" fields are essential science in analytical chemistry. Modern analytical instruments such as proton nuclear magnetic resonance (1H-NMR) can provide the great quantity of analytical information. In order to assign unknown samples, chemometric methods recognition build...
- MR Imaging of Crohn’s disease: what is the attraction?: Koh DM, Miao Y, Chinn RJS, et al., MR Imaging Evaluation of the Activity of Crohn’s Disease. AJR 2001;177:1325—32. Ott, David J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2003, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p211
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of MR imaging in assessing the activity of Crohnâ€™s disease. Activity assessment is important in this disorder to identify patients with active inflammation so that optimal and newer forms of therapy can be prescribed appropriately ....
- News and our views. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;May2015, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses a study which suggests that daytime naps can cause more frequent, longer lasting episodes of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) than those occurring while sleeping at night. Topics discussed include findings of greater exposure to reflux acid in the lower esophagus...
- MRI patterns of Nissen fundoplication: normal appearance and mechanisms of failure. Kulinna-Cosentini, Christiane; Schima, Wolfgang; Ba-Ssalamah, Ahmed; Cosentini, Enrico // European Radiology;Sep2014, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p2137
Purpose: The purpose of the study was to assess the role of MR fluoroscopy in the evaluation of post-surgical conditions of Nissen fundoplication due to gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Methods: A total of 29 patients (21 patients with recurrent/persistent symptoms and eight...
- When heartburn goes from `nuisance' to `dangerous'. // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Aug96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the efforts of the American College of Gastroenterology in promoting consumer awareness in gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD). Clinical manifestations of GERD; Complications of GERD; Treatment modalities. INSET: Acid test: Do you have GERD?..
- GERD: Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;1/30/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p73
Reports on the availability of the guidelines for the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease issued by the American College of Gastroenterology. Importance of obtaining a good symptom history; Lifestyle modifications; Choices for maintenance therapy.
- Questions in Gastroenterology. Hazzi, Charles G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1981, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p466
Presents several questions on gastroenterology. Information on bile reflux gastritis and esophagitis; Role of bile acids and vitamin B12 in liver disease; Laser treatment of cancer.
- Accuracy of abdominal ultrasound and MRI for detection of Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis in children. Ziech, Manon; Hummel, Thalia; Smets, Anne; Nievelstein, Rutger; Lavini, Cristina; Caan, Matthan; Nederveen, Aart; Roelofs, Joris; Bipat, Shandra; Benninga, Marc; Kindermann, Angelika; Stoker, Jaap // Pediatric Radiology;Nov2014, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p1370
Background: Endoscopy is currently the primary diagnostic technique for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in children. Objective: To assess the accuracy of US and dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI for diagnosing inflammatory bowel disease and for distinguishing Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis in...