An ageing environment
- How to knock a stroke off your game. // Men's Health;May96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p116
Reports on the result of a study review published in the periodical `The Lancet' suggesting that middle-age men who lower their high blood pressure can dramatically slash their risk of stroke later in life.
- Defining risk factors in bacteremia. Mark, Anita B. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Oct95, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p1352
Reports that older patients with periodontitis are at a higher risk of developing bacteremia after tooth extractions than younger patients who have healthier periodontal tissues. Study published in the June 1995 issue of the `International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery'; Age as a...
- Live longer, feel younger. // Consumer Reports on Health;Mar1999, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Disproves several myths about aging. Includes inevitability of illness and disability with aging; Efforts to protect one's health in old age as worthless; Loss of mental sharpness as part of getting old; Getting old as being sad, lonely and unproductive. INSET: Anti-aging hormone hype.
- The association of age with plasma arginine vasopressin and plasma ormolality. Duggan, J.; Kilfeather, S. // Age & Ageing;Sep93, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p332
Investigates the association of age with osmoreceptor sensitivity. Supine and ambulant plasma osmolality and presence of arginine vasopressin; Subject profile; Study design; Hormone assay; Biochemical measurements; Statistical analyses.
- High blood pressure and cognitive problems. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1995, Issue 75, p6
Reports on a study which appeared in the `Journal of the American Medical Association' indicating that there is a link between high blood pressure and middle-aged Japanese-American men and thinking and memory problems later in life.
- Isaac's Blindness: A Medical Diagnosis. Levin, S. // Judaism;Winter88, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p81
Focuses on the research of the medical practitioner on the biblical blindness of Isaac. Importance on the probability of age and time of blindness; Ancestral inheritance of the disease; Medical explanation on the cause of blindness.
- Age may affect patient input in treatment decisions. Mark, Anita M. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Sep96, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p1298
Cites the results of the study showing that age is a factor in the patient input for disease treatment decisions. Recognition made by the younger and older groups regarding their own inadequacies; Inverse relationships of the two groups of patients.
- ED, Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms, and Ejaculatory Dysfunction. // Infectious Disease Alert;Aug2012 Clinical Briefs in Primary Care, p2
The article discusses the correlation of age with erectile dysfunction (ED), lower urinary tract symptoms, and ejaculatory dysfunction in men.
- Influence of age on general practitioners' definition and treatment of hypertension. Dickerson, J.E.C.; Brown, M.J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/4/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6979, p574
Discusses the influence of age on general practitioners' definition and treatment of hypertension. Protective factors in people with normally high blood pressure; Risks of developing premature vascular disease.
- Four instrumental activities of daily living score as a predictor of one-year incident dementia. Barberger-Gateau, Pascale; Dartigues, Jean-Francois // Age & Ageing;Nov93, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p457
Estimates the risk of one-year incident dementia in elderly subjects living in the community as a function of their performance on the four Instrumental Activities of Daily Living score at baseline. Incidence of dementia in the elderly population; Therapy for dementia; Functional assessment of...