Using allopurinol to optimise effects of azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine
- Vexol gets high marks from doctors. Mandava, Suresh // Ophthalmology Times;8/15/96, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the effectiveness of Vexol or rimexolone as an anti-inflammatory steroid. FDA's approval for rimexolone for the treatment of postoperative inflammation and anterior uveitis; Results of FDA trials for rimexolone; Testimony of several physicians on the effectiveness of rimexolone.
- Gas therapy. Jones, David // Nature;10/24/1996, Vol. 383 Issue 6602, p676
Presents a possible anti-inflammatory strategy involving the use of hydrogen. Hydrogen's potential as a simple and safe reducing agent; The delivery problems; The manufacturing of soft drinks pressurized with hydrogen.
- Update on Sensitivity to Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs. Nettis, E.; Colanardi, M.C.; Ferrannini, A.; Tursi, A. // Current Drug Targets - Immune, Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders;Nov2001, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p233
Non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are among the most frequently prescribed medications worldwide. These drugs are effective for the treatment of a wide spectrum of diseases: musculoskeletal disorders, headhache, fever, pain, and others. Their widespread use explains the very high...
- NSAIDs, Ulcers, and `Superaspirins'. Brown, Edwin W. // Medical Update;Oct98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p2
Offers information on nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). Definition of COX-2 inhibitors; Mechanism of action of the drugs.
- More on NSAIDs. Nessel, Edward H. // Swim Magazine;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p11
Looks at the stronger prescription-strength of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and explores further the nuances involved in their use. Acids in the body that are reduced by NSAID drugs; List of medications NSAIDs that are prescribed by physicians as medications; Information on...
- Nonsteroidal Drugs 2010. Tokaruk, Joseph // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/15/89, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p546
Presents a conversation about nosteroidal drug. Difference of the nonsteroidal drug from conventional type; Different packaging and features of the product; Cost per tablet.
- NSAID. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1600
An encyclopedia entry for "NSAID" is presented, referring to the acronym for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
- Cox-2 inhibitors. Brown, Elizabeth // Physician Executive;Jan/Feb1999, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p74
Provides information on cox-2 inhibitors as alternatives for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents for physician executives in the United States. Clinical information; Costs of the drug; Identification of appropriate patient selection criteria; Precertification; Restriction of prescriptions to...
- Corrections. // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Sep2014, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p1394
A correction to the article "Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID)" that was published in the November 2013 issue is presented.