Hospitals getting bowled over
- Aramark launches continual training program for health-care workers. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/14/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p22
Reports on the training program offered by Aramark Corp. for its Healthcare Support Services division to improve patient satisfaction ratings in its hospital food service operations. Explanation of the program's three objectives by Aramark executives; Goal of the training program.
- Spicing up the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p120
Deals with the growing popularity of Asian dishes at food service outlets in hospitals across the United States. Asian dishes served at the San Francisco General Hospital in California; Explanations from food service officials; Specialties served at the California Pacific Medical Center in...
- Aramark HMS: Hospital foodservice customers ready for their 'close-ups' // Nation's Restaurant News;4/4/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p16
This article focuses on dining habits of health care workers. Following several months of research into the dining habits of health-care workers, Aramark Corp., introduced a new strategy executives say they believe will help hospitals improve their retail foodservice programs. The five groups of...
- NEW CONTRACTOR, NO SUBSIDY: Volume building in hosp. network. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p14
Reports on customer traffic increase at Palomar Hospital and Pomerado Hospital since ARAMARK Corp. commenced a three year contract in May 2000. Other changes brought by ARAMARK; Daily features of the menus offered at the hospitals; Initial employee resistance faced by ARAMARK.
- EYEING THE RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE: ARAMARK GOES WORLD-CLASS. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p24
Announces the launching of the World Class Patient Service foodservice program of Aramark's Healthcare Support Services in 2001. Design of the program; Elements comprising the program; Services provided to patients.
- TO NEW RETHERM, COOK-CHILL: MT. SINAI LOOKS AHEAD. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
Reports on changes at the cafeteria at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, as of October 2003. Plans of the hospital for introducing a patient meal retherm system and cook-chill production; Information on an outsourcing agreement between the hospital and Aramark; Expected benefits of the retherm...
- UNDER NEW ARAMARK CONTRACT: Fort Worth hosp. plans conversion to grab-n-go. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on improvements made to the food service program of Harris Methodist Forth Worth Hospital in Texas. Background on the hospital; Information on the management of the food service program of the hospital by Aramark; Details on the remodeling of the hospital's cafeteria.
- Untitled. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
Provides information on the retail dining styles in U.S. hospitals identified by an Aramark customer research. Importance of healthy life style for the healthies group; Views of the loyals group on hospital dining facilities; Factors that drive the bringers group.
- Henry Ford Hospital switches to contract. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p1
Reports that Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan has outsourced its foodservice to ARAMARK Corp. following the retirement of its foodservice director Bernard Starkey in July 1998. Starkey's effectiveness in switching to pre-select meals to maximize operating efficiencies and in introducing...