Obtaining a history of sexual victimization from adolescent females seeking routine health care
- An experience not unique: Naira's story. Schwarzstein, Jacques // UN Chronicle;1996, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p18
Discusses the stories of Brazilian girls who are victims of sexual abuses or other violence at home. United Nations Children's Fund-assisted project that works on the issue; Various educational activities for the girls; Assessment of the project.
- The psychotherapeutic needs of people with learning difficulties who have been sexually abused. Corbett, Alan // Journal of Adult Protection;Sep2003, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p28
Emphasizes the importance of meeting the counseling and therapy needs of people with learning difficulties who have been sexually abused. Impact of sexual abuse on such people; Barriers to counseling and therapy provision for such people; Overview of a case study illustrating the use of...
- FEELING POWERLESS: A FEELING EXPRESSED BY CAREGIVERS OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE VICTIMS. Correa, Maria Eduarda Cavadinha; Labronici, Lillana Maria; Trigueiro, Tatiane Herreira // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);mai/jun2009, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p289
This phenomenological study aimed to reveal the meaning of providing care to victims of sexual violence. The study was carried out from December 2006 to March 2007 with 12 health professionals. Data were collected through tape-recorded semi-structured interviews, whose analysis followed the...
- Disbelieved, disowned and in need of much better support. Hocking, Josephine // Community Care;5/17/2007, Issue 1673, p29
An interview with a victim of sexual abuse is presented. She recalls the abuse that started according to her when she was eight. She ponders if social services had any idea of the bad and disgusting things that could happen to her in the future. She tells about the effects of the incident on her...
- TAKING CARE. Newman, Elana // IRE Journal;Summer2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p24
The article offers information on the psychological preparations needed for investigating and reporting sexual violence cases. It mentions the need for reporters to be properly prepared for the range of emotions and responses involved in interviewing victims of sexual abuse. It discusses the...
- Sexual grooming culture still major problem for Rotherham. CHOUDHURAY, IMRAN // Eastern Eye;12/5/2014, Issue 1280, p4
The article reports that victims, charities and the British Member of Parliaments (MPs) have called on the government to provide the funds and training to help safeguard children from sexual grooming.
- A memorial to 'shame' society on growing sexual crimes. // Asian Pacific Post;7/31/2014, pPP 16
The article offers information on the development of a Nirbhaya Memorial in Uttar Pradesh, India for the victims of sex crimes and to shame society on growing cases of crimes in the country.
- Caring for the adult victim of a sex crime with a view towards prosecution. Gilbert, Michael H.; Netsch, Linda K. // Reporter;Sep91, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the care given to adults who were victims of sexual crimes. Need for proper physical and mental care; Mandate of the AFR 111-1, a derivative from the Victim Witness Protection Act of 1982; Steps to dealing with the adult victim of a sex crime from the time the crime is reported until...
- The Problem with Rape Crisis Centers. // Off Our Backs;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9/10, p36
Focuses on the services offered by rape crisis centers to women victims of sexual assault in the U.S. Rape counseling and support offered to women; Importance of giving women back their sense of power and control over their bodies and lives; Consideration on the approval of the victims to...