- Definition and measurement of reproductive health. Sadana, Ritu // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2002, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p407
Abstract An internationally agreed conceptual definition of reproductive health is applied to the development and testing of practical indicators for use in the community. Basic criteria are proposed for an interview-based tool to measure reproductive health â€” as opposed to morbidity or...
- Sexual behaviour and condom use of 15- to 24-year-olds in 2003 and 2009/2010. Rotermann, Michelle // Health Reports;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, Special section p1
Based on data from the 2003 and 2009/2010 Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS), this article provides current information about the sexual behaviours and condom use of 15- to 24-year-olds and examines changes since 2003. Between 2003 and 2009/2010, the percentage of 15- to 24-year-olds who...
- Changing Family Formation in Nepal: Marriage, Cohabitation and First Sexual Intercourse. Caltabiano, Marcantonio; Castiglioni, Maria // International Family Planning Perspectives;Mar2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p30
CONTEXT: In Nepal, marriage occurs at a relatively young age and arranged weddings are widespread. However, recent changes in the family formation process and the timing of first sexual intercourse suggest that a transformation may be underway. METHODS: Data on marriage,cohabitation and first...
- Abortion in Turkey: women in rural areas and the law. Igde, Fusun Artiran; Gul, Rukiye; Igde, Mahir; Yalcin, Murat // British Journal of General Practice;May2008, Vol. 58 Issue 550, p370
An essay on abortion in Turkey is presented. The authors say that about 529,000 girls and women worldwide die of pregnancy-related causes every year. They note the low health reproductive status of the Turk population, compared to other countries at the same level of development. Also discussed...
- The health status of diabetic patients receiving orthotic therapy. Davies, S.; Gibby, O.; Phillips, C.; Price, P.; Tyrrell, W. // Quality of Life Research;Feb2000, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p233
Diabetes has a major impact on the quality of life and those with related foot ulcers are among those most affected. The main aim of the study, which was carried out over an 18-month time period, was to compare the self-reported health status of a group of diabetic patients receiving orthotic...
- The walking well. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;11/15/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p30
Focuses on the health benefits of walking in Hawaii. Researches on the effects of walking on the reduction of the risks of cardiovascular mortality, hypertension and cancer; Association with improvements in neurocognitive functions; Comparison with the benefits of exercise.
- List of Health Monitoring Projects. // European Journal of Public Health;2003, Vol. 13 Issue suppl_3, p120
The article lists various health monitoring projects in Europe including the European Health Promotion Indicators Development (EUPHID), Hospital Data Project and health surveys.
- The Effect of structural adjustment on health conditions in Latin America and the Caribbean, 1980-2000. Franco-Giraldo, Álvaro; Palma, Marco; Álvarez-Dardet, Carlos // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p291
Objective. To assess the impact of structural adjustment on health indicators in Latin America and the Caribbean during 1980-2000. Methods. This was an ecological study. Public spending and per capita gross domestic product (pcGDP) figures were obtained from the World Bank, and life expectancy...
- Healthy People 2010 to track health indicators. Saunders, Carol S. // Patient Care;3/30/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p11
Identifies areas in which target goals to be accomplished by Healthy People 2010 survey of leading health indicators in the United States. Includes physical activity; Obesity; Tobacco use; Substance abuse; Responsible sexual behavior.