Powers and duties of the company secretary (Book)
- Congress continues to try hog-tie managers. Noonan, Edward R. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Plant Edition;Aug97, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p6
Provides information on United States bills pertinent to managers. Working Families Flexibility Act; Family Medical Leave Improvement Act; Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENA); Teamwork for Employees and Management Act.
- Forcing salaries into the open. Smith, Anna // Management;Sep95, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p119
Discusses New Zealand's Companies Act, a legislation which will force senior executives to disclose their earnings. Objections of Roger Kerr, executive director of Business Roundtable; Issue of balancing personal privacy and public accountability; Possible effects of the legislation.
- Always follow corporate legal formalities. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/13/97 Supplement Small Business, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p31
Offers steps that can be taken to ensure that a corporate executive and his corporation are treated as separate legal entities. Importance of showing complete corporation name on all written instruments; Need to record the actions of the shareholders and board of directors in the corporation's...
- More states protecting bosses who give bad references. // American Nurseryman;09/01/96, Vol. 184 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the law passed by several states in America to protect employers against suits on alleged defamation and other claims of former employees. Sample case on the issue; Impact and significance of the law.
- Minutes — letters to an unknown judge (Book). Barham, Paul // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p70
Presents an abstract of the book "Minutes--letters to an unknown judge," published by the Chartered Secretaries of New Zealand.
- The company secretary and the performance evaluation of boards (Book). Barham, Paul // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p70
Presents an abstract of the book "The company secretary and the performance evaluation of boards," published by the Chartered Secretaries of New Zealand.
- The disposal and retention of documents (Book). Barham, Paul // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p70
Presents an abstract of the book "The disposal and retention of documents," published by the Chartered Secretaries of New Zealand.
- Senior executive employment contracts. Tauber, Yale D.; Silverman, Carol S. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 20 Issue 117, p17
Focuses on strategies boards of directors need to understand before approving employment contracts for senior executives. Understanding of the necessity of such contracts in ensuring the company's competitiveness; Recognition of the goals of implementing such contracts.
- Protecting against unnecessary and harassing depositions. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p152
Presents some pointers on how to protect high-ranking corporate executives against unnecessary and harassing depositions. Ronald H. Isroff's article in the newsletter of the Advocacy, Practice and Procedure Committee; Dilemma faced by the counsel; Support for the proposition that a high-ranking...