- THE SALVELINUS FONTINALIS AND DANIEL WEBSTER. Quesenberry Smith, Mattie // Dappled Things;Christmas 2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
An essay is presented regarding the author's experience of having an outing together with her children who wanted to do fly fishing, her childhood memories in John's Creek, Georgia, particularly her fly fishing activities, and the story of Daniel Webster and the Salvelinus fontinalis. The author...
- MAINE'S Brookie Revival. Tracewski, Kevin // Fly Fisherman;Jul2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p48
Reveals the resurgence of brook trouts in Maine trout ponds and presents tips on fishing for brook trout. INSET: THE FISHERY.
- SPECK-tacular! McNally, Bob // Salt Water Sportsman;Jan2001, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p100
Provides information on speckled trout fishing at Lake Calcasieu in southwestern Louisiana.
- What Goes Around, Comes Around. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;4/28/2011, p1
A photograph of U.S. House Representative Daniel Webster facing opposition at the town hall meeting held in Orlando, Florida on April 26, 2011 is presented.
- Gods River. // Fly Fisherman;Feb2008, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p50
The article presents information on the fishing of brook trouts at Gods Lake, which is one of the largest bodies of water in northern Manitoba.
- Specks in the west. Burnley, Eric B. // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul94, Vol. 55 Issue 7, Atlantic Edition pF
Reports on speckled trout fishing in Chesapeake Bay. Season for fishing; Key to finding trout; Use of lures.
- Sorting out New York's record brook trout. Pyne, Lawrence // Field & Stream;Dec98, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p87
Focuses on New York State's brook trout record which has been broken three times since 1991. First record posted in 1827; Publication of a state news release containing first official records in 1941; New York Department of Environmental Conservation's acceptance of new state-record applications.
- Rapid River Brookies. RANDOLPH, JOHN // Fly Fisherman;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p46
The article offers suggestions for brook trout fishing in the Rapid River, flowing between Lower Richardson Lake and Lake Umbagog in the Rangeley Lakes chain, in Maine.
- Brook trout and the writing life. Nova, Craig // Fly Fisherman;Dec99, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p80
Relates experience of the author in brook trout fishing in Vermont. Impact of climate on fishing; Appreciation towards fishing; Description of the favorite fishing spot of the author; Reflections on life as a novelist; Lesson learned from fishing brook trout.