EFFECTS OF A SMOKING PREVENTION SIMULATION ON STUDENTS' SMOKING ATTITUDES
- Smoke-free spirits. Schaaf, Rachelle Vander // Heart & Soul;Jun/Jul95, Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the role of religion in trying to quit smoking. Target of antismoking campaign; Awareness of the hazards of cigarettes.
- Smoking Cessation: Still Looking for a Miracle. Richards Jr., John W. // American Family Physician;2/15/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p626
Deals with smoking cessation. Smoking cessation advice which are believed to be myths; Details on the profit of the tobacco industry; Few options for smoking cessation.
- The Quitter's Lament. Franzen, Jonathan // Across the Board;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p9
Presents an article on the difficulty of quitting the habit of smoking. Factor which sustains the habit.
- Group releases guidelines to help people quit smoking. // Nation's Health;Aug2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the guidelines released by the Public Health Service organization to promote treatment for tobacco addiction and other related health disorders in the United States. Details on the therapies; State of tobacco addiction in the country; Significance of physician assistance and support.
- Counseling for Tobacco Cessation. Mahoney, Martin C.; Jaen, Carlos Roberto // American Family Physician;12/1/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p1881
Presents a case study of a man who wants to quit smoking. Facts of the case; Information on smoking cessation treatments; Effectiveness of telephone counseling in helping patients stop smoking.
- It's quittin' time. Nordenberg, Tamar // FDA Consumer;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p19
Discusses the smoking habit of Americans. Information about nicotine in cigarettes; Risks in cigarette smoking; Characteristics of a person who get less nicotine; Medical aids to smoking cessation; Steps toward giving up cigarettes; Advantages of quitting cigarette smoking. INSETS: Help when...
- PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF SMOKELESS TOBACCO USE. HATSUKAMI, D. K.; BOYLE, R. G. // Advances in Dental Research;Sep1997, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p342
A review of the literature examining school-based prevention and treatment intervention programs for smokeless tobacco users is provided. Although few school-based prevention studies have been conducted, the results are promising. Many of the treatment studies that have been conducted, thus far,...
- A comparison of the attitudes toward alcohol and drug use and school support by grade level... Roberts, Tim G.; Fournet, Glenn P. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Winter95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p112
Examines differences between grade level, gender and ethnic groups in students' attitudes towards alcohol and drug use and school support for intervention programs. Liberality of attitudes; Susceptibility to use of illicit drugs; Implications.
- Stage-Based Interventions for Smoking Cessation. FOGLEMAN, COREY D. // American Family Physician;3/1/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p524
The article discusses research being done on staged-based smoking cessation interventions. It references the study "Staged-Based Interventions for Smoking Cessation," by J. Cahill, T. Lancaster and N. Green in the 2010 issue of "Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews." Evidence has failed to...