FSA Says Earnings Rose 50% for Second Quarter
- FSA Parent Sees 15% Drop in Net Income From Last Year. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32442, p48
The article reports on the decrease of 15.1% in net income of $109.7 million by Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. According to a report, the reduction was largely because of non-core finances. Thomson Financial asserted that aside from the bond insurer's decrease in amount of bonds, it...
- Nassau County hospitals secure insurance. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/11/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30702, p5
Reports on Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.'s provision of insurance for the Public Hospital Corp.'s planned bond issue. Deterioration of the credit quality of Nassau County, New York.
- FSA announces $100 million pricing. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;11/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30519, p29
Reports on Financial Security Assurance Holdings Inc.'s Senior Quarterly Income Debt Securities issue. Pricing; Rating; Planned uses of proceeds of the new debt.
- Bond Insurers: FSA Holdings Earns Double-A's on $100 Million of 100-Year Corporates. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p7
Reports on pricing of a multi-million dollar issue for 100-year corporate bonds by Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. Expected date for closure of the bonds; Trading of quarterly interest bonds in the New York Stock Exchange; Rating for the bonds by Fitch Ratings Inc. and Moody's...
- Financial Security Assurance Holdings comes to market with first-ever debt. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;9/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30232, p2
Reports on Financial Security Assurance Holding Ltd.'s bond offering made September 15, 1997 in the United States. Terms of the bonds; Goldman, Sachs & Co. as lead manager; Maturity date of the quarterly income debt securities; Amount of the offering.
- S & P Downgrades $10M on Insured Debt for Texas Juvenile Detention Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p28
Reports that the Standard & Poor's has downgraded its ratings to the combination tax and revenue bonds of Littlefield, Texas. Insurance of the bonds by the Financial Security Assurance; Management of the Bill Clayton Detention Facility; Terms of the payment contract between the city and tje...
- FSA Sale Is Not a Trend, Says BoA. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p26
Focuses on Banc of America Securities' report on mergers in the bond insurance arena in the United States. Dexia's acquisition of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.; Difficulty for many potential acquirers in using stock as an acquisition currency.
- FSA: Merger Won't Alter Priorities. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p1
Announces the completion of United States-based municipal bond insurer Financial Security Assurance's (FSA) sale to French banking company, Dexia Group, on July 5, 2000. Impact of the sale on the insurer's operations; Expected benefits of the deal for both companies; Executive reorganizations at...
- Beefed-Up Assured Is Ready to Rule the Roost. Seymour, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/24/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 28, p14
The article reports on the dominance of Assured Guaranty Ltd. in the market as explained by CreditSights in the U.S. After Assured bought Financial Security Assurance Holdings Inc., both captured 83% of the market share during the first half of 2009 and control the only companies writing any...